Hi, I’m Lynne, and I am a working mother of three beautiful children, Russell, Tess, and Gwen . I deal with paperwork, crazy schedules, feeding my family, and trying to keep my house in some sort of order, being a mom, and trying to be a decent wife. I don’t have a lot of time, and the time off I do have, I want to be spent enjoying my family and pastimes – reading, drinking wine, and entertaining. I hope this site will help you do the same.
Have you ever described yourself as missing the “organized” gene? Do you find yourself buying color coded folders and stackable bins, only to have them sit in a corner for months, finally getting covered by a pile of papers? Have you (or someone you hired) organized your home, workspace, garage, only to have your system fall apart in a matter of months?
If you answered yes to any one of those questions above, then this site is for you.
If your desired to be organized greatly outweighs your ability to stay organized, you are probably one of the lucky “Naturally Disorganized”. There is nothing wrong with you – you just don’t want to spend your time with a label maker. I get it – I struggled with trying to become that organized person for years, then I realized that I was never going to be Martha Stewart, and that was ok.
I found that I had developed ways of bringing in some organization to my life that didn’t take too much time to develop or maintain. These are the tips and tricks I want to share with you, and I am looking forward to learning the tips and tricks you use. This site is a resource to share all the strategies that the “Naturally Disorganized” uses to make life easier.
If you’re new to the site, here is what you’ll find:
- Monday Musings – some of my thoughts about being naturally disorganized, strategies that we used to still be effective, and general theme for the week.
- Life Hacks – you know those lists of things from Tumblr, etc.? This is where I share my tips, tricks, and tools related to making cleaning, meal planning, laundry, etc. easier for a working parent.
- Technology – explanation and reviews of technology that helps the naturally disorganized.
- The Dinner Bell – meals that are quick and easy to make for a working parent, and how to make the whole meal from start to finish.
- The Bin Dump – a weekly wrap up of the week’s postings and links to other sites and posts that I or my readers have found to be helpful.